Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Sunday, July 4, 2010

mr. frankie's name game!

it's independence day, and i am so so proud to be an american labradoggie!!  me and asa and mama and daddy are gonna be spending the day celebrating with our family and friendz.  you know what that means, right?  grillin' meats, corn on the cob, nana pudding, swimmin', outdoorsy games, sparklers...it's the stuff 'n thingies that dreams are made of!  but before the crazy go nuts bbq party gets started, there's one super important thingie to do.  it's time to play mr. frankie's fourth of july name game!!


the rules are very simple like.  all you have to do is blog about how you got your name!  next, you can go visit everybuddy else's bloggie who's playin' and read about how they got their names.  doesn't that sound totally funsies?  let's get started then!  asa's gonna go first cuz she was mama and daddy's first doggie, and i thought we should do this all chronologicalish.  so here's my big sis asa!
******************************************************************************************
thank you, booker.  before i commence my tale, i would like to reiterate our wishes to you, dear friends, for a most joyous independence day celebration!  now as chance would have it, i made a fortuitous discovery the other daythe rescue organization from which i was adopted, cullen's archangel rescue (CARE), still has a picture from my adoption day over 6 years ago on their website!  my wonderful foster mother took this picture of me bonding with my new forever family.  this is a cherished photograph, no doubt!


i often receive inquiries as to how i obtained my name.  the answer to that question is straightforward.  you see, my foster mother bestowed me with my moniker.  one day, shortly after she began fostering me, she journeyed to the grocery store to purchase some food stuffs.  as she checked out, she exchanged pleasantries with the cashier, a young woman who was named asa.  the name greatly intrigued my foster mother, and she learned that asa (pronounced /'ay-sah/) is a hebrew name meaning healer or physician.  though the name originates from a wise and benevolent king of judah, the name is now suitable for a male or female.  as i still had need of a proper name at the time, my foster mother decided that the name asa suited me quite well, and that, my friends, is the rest of the story! 
****************************************************************************************** okie dokie, that was a great story, asa!  now it's my turn!  so my mama and daddy had my name picked out before they even had me picked out.  isn't that kinda funny?  see, when mama and daddy got asa, they thought it would be cool to name their doggies in alphabetical order.  yup, it's kind of weirdo, but they're my parents, and i love them.  teehee.  anywho, asa was the A name, and they needed a B name.  mama and daddy really liked the name booker, after booker t. washington, a famous american political leader, educator, speaker, and writer dude.  mama and daddy picked me out of my mama's litter of puppies cuz i looked like a booker to them!  here's me on my first day at home.


now some of you have prolly noticed that i am pretty tall with long leggies and that i am kinda slim.  this is cuz i am a field labradoggie.  that means i was bred for field work, and i'm not as stout and blocky like my show labradoggie friendz.  since i'm not stocky, a lot of hoomans thought i was a labradudette when i was littler!  they would come up to me and say thingies like, "you are such a pretty girl!"  egads!  my mama and daddy would be like, "his name is booker, and he's a BOY!"  well, that got shortened into booker boy, but mama didn't totally like the sound of it.  then one day she came up with booker man instead, and we all thought it sounded grrreat!  i have been the booker man evarrr since!
me 'n asa sure hope you liked learning about how we got our names!  we're gonna have tons of fun reading about your names, too.  have a happy 4th of july, everybuddy!!

33 comments:

JD and Max said...

Hiya Booker Man and Miss Asa - we're enjoying this name game immensley! We're not joining in in pupson as we bloged about our names fairly recently, but we're having a great time reading everypup's posts today! We've always thought Asa's name was very pretty and now we know what it means we think it's even prettier! We love the name Booker too - it so suits you, and Booker MAN is just cool!

Happy 4th July to you! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

JD and Max said...

Oooh - we just wanted to say we were very excited to be the first ones to comment on your bloggie - we're ususally like the squillionth, he he he! :)

A MilShelb Mom said...

We love your stories! We live in SC, too! We didn't realize you did until right now! Our Mom used to volunteer for CARE. How cool is that? Small world, huh?
~Milly and Shelby

Golden Samantha said...

FRankie sure had a great idea! I LOVEd reading about your name stories! Asa - your name has a wonderful etymology (huh?) - just love it! And Booker: you gots one classy and furry cool name and... it really fits you to a T! Thanks for telling!
Big Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie

Dexter said...

Hey! Great stories! Guess what, PeeWee and I had our names picked before we came home too (of course stupid PeeWee had the name Dexter which I never ever use).

Slobbers,
Mango

Zona said...

What wonderful stories! I especially like the meaning of Miss Asa's name! And Booker MAN, two leggers always think I'm a boy so I can sympathize with your situation. With your handsome good looks, Booker Man fits you perfectly!

Didn't Frankie have a wonderful idea?!

Wags,
Zona

BRUTUS said...

Great stuff there guys! You are the first blog I visited that is playing Frankie's game, now I'm really excited to read more! But, um, oops - mom still has to write our post, so I guess it'll have to wait till she's done (slacker).

Snorts-
Brutus & Carmen (the Frenchies)

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Great stories of your names. it's good to get to know you more. Have a safe n wonderful 4th. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Ruby and Penny said...

We enjoyed your naming stories. Asa & Booker are fabulous names.
Happy Independence Day
Love Ruby & Penny

houndstooth said...

Happy Independence Day to you!

We love both of your names! Asa just sounds so pretty, and we always think of Booker T. Washington when we see your name, Booker! BOL! Your names are perfect for both of you!

Bunny

Anonymous said...

Asa - I thinks that's a wonderful name for you. I know that you had a lotta healing to do after your ruff start in life so that name is just super pawfect! And I LUVS the picture of you on your Gotcha Day. It's SO sweet!

And BookerMan - I luvs that you were named after somebuddy so special. Cuz you're pretty special yourself, you know? (I've had SUCH a good time with you in Honorooroo. You are the handsomest boy dog on the beach, that's for sure! Sigh.)

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

I was very much looking forward to learning about both your and Asa's names because they're both kind of unusual. The stories didn't disappoint, I must say. Thank you for sharing.

Have a great time at the pawty today. It sounds pawsome.

wags, Lola

Pee S Blog Mom says it was most interesting learning about why different labs are different shapes, so to speak. In the distant past she's had two labradudettes at different times. Both were black labs and one was like you and the other was stocky, but she never knew that reason for it.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Booker man and Asa,

What great stories of how you gots your names. This has been so much fun today! My mom actually knew the meaning of Asa's name too, sometimes she surprises me...

Happy July 4th!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What great stories!

Thanks fur sharing them!

Happy FoURth of WOO-ly!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I'm blown away with BOTH of your name stories. Fantastic!!! I have ALWAYS wondered about both of them. Thanks!!!!

A MilShelb Mom said...

Haha! Mom laughed when she read your comment. We are Carolina Gamecocks!! We LOVE to watch football with Dad. He leave the game on the tv for us when he goes to the games. How about you? Clemson or Carolina?
~Milly and Shelby

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What great name stories, thanks so much for sharing!

Smileys & Snuggles!
Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

sprinkles said...

This is going to be fun, going around and reading how everyone got their names.

I didn't participate because I've blogged about how my boys have gotten their names already. Well, actually - I have no idea how Chico got his name. He was already named when I got him and his official name is on his papers.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

You are named after a very important man - he proved that tomatoes weren't poisonous!!


XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carreleigh and Ruairi

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great stories about your names, Asa and Booker Man. We are very happy to read about Asa's so now we know how to pronounce it properly. And Booker Man - you are SO not a girl:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Oceanside Animals said...

Terrific stories, Asa and Booker!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Enjoyed your stories--great names. We thought of Booker T when we first met you.

Now, get out there and enjoy all the festivities (except maybe the fireworks.) Happy 4th!

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing the stories of your names Asa and Booker!
Happy Independence Day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3 doxies said...

OH MY GOSH, do you wants to know what a complete idiot my mum is? Okays, I tell you. Hers thought you might be named afters dat maintence man from "Good Times"...hehaahahahahahahahahaha. See, I told you she was brainless. Good thing they changed it Man cuz then you be stuck withs peoples calling you BB.
Asa, very interesting name and I thinks it perfect. Just think when peoples ask you can always tell them you gots your name at da grocery store...hehehehe.
Puddles

little princess Luna~ said...

grrreat story bookie and asi. :)
hope you're having a safe and happy 4th of july~!! save me a mini hot dog~! ;)

xo,
luna

1000 Goldens said...

I can't stop staring at your puppy self long enough to type a response. Look how cute you are Booker Man!! P.S. We love your name stories, both of you.

koko said...

Interesting how the two of you got your names... and thanks for the info on labs... hope you have a good holiday.

Licks, hero

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Booker Man and Asa, I love the stories of your names! What a great idea!

central bark designs said...

What a great story. We are having a great time reading all of these stories!

Pat Wahler said...

Very nice naming stories! And Booker Man--that's an awfully cute baby picture!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Ina in Alaska said...

Mr. Booker Man, your little picture of you as a Puppy Boy reminded me of our new little puppy neighbor Coral. She is growing fast!!

And Miss Asa, we have always loved your name and it was very special to see you and your Mom and Dad on your adoption day.

xoxoxo

Life With Dogs said...

I will never question your gender Booker I swear! :)

Taffy said...

Hey BMan! Those are wonderful stories. I am glad to know that I have been pronouncing Asa's name totally wrong all this time. Now, I will never do that again! I get called a he all the time....even though I wear pink collars and girly shirts and stuff. People are just doofuses!
Snuggles,
Twix